2.27.2012

You are what your deepest desire is...

You are what your deepest desire is.
As is your desire, so is your intention.
As is your intention, so is your will.
As is your will, so is your deed.
As is your deed, so is your destiny.
--- Upanishads ---

I remember the first time I ever read this quote was in my sister's freshman dorm room.  Her roommate and good family friend of ours, Tandie, had this quote on a small piece of paper taped to her wall by her desk, and I vividly remember feeling resonance with it and it having a lasting impression on me.  I was just beginning what I feel was my process of discovery, and often engaged in conversations with friends about what life meant.  This is the kind of quote you have read more than once to truly let it sink in, so go ahead and read it again.  I love that it begins with desire and ends with destiny.  It reminds us that we have the ability to shape our own destiny by what we choose to put our thoughts, desires, and intentions towards.  It reminds us to be conscious of what we desire and what we put our focus on.  I feel like this quote outlines the framework for life - that we all fill in so differently.  Have fun with it!